Monday, September 19, 2011

MTC, Branch #40

Dad, Zach and Mom in front of the Provo, UT Temple
Here's Zach's first letter to us from the MTC. It's a kind of form letter that he filled in the blanks and sent to us, with a note at the end:
Branch 40
Branch President: President Mortensen
1st Counselor: Brother Evans
2nd Counselor: Brother Russon
My companion's name is: Elder Gerlach
My companion is from: Campis, Utah
My address is: 2005 North 900 East, Provo, UT 84604
My mail box # is: 278
My Preparation Day is Wednesday (the only day I can write/email)
Quick note to family: Well, its' been fast! I got here and went straight into tours, firesides and meetings. I was getting tired and looked at my watch and it was only 3:15!! (We had dropped him off at 12 noon that day) But it was a very fun time and continues to be. The residence halls are actually pretty cool; we sleep four to a room in two bunks, huge banyos (bathrooms). And the coolest thing is a few vending machines one of which dispenses frozen pizzas and ice cream and any other cold snack you can think of.
My ensanaza (teacher?) is Hna. Breedlove; she served 20 months in Panama. It's an emersion class so we are all communicating through charades for now. We're going to teach an investigator, in Spanish, tomorrow morning.
Vaya con Dios, con amor
E.Z. Nelson
p.s. Any news on my passport? (it's back, fixed and has already been sent out)
(Also: www.dearelder.com is a great way to email a written letter to a missionary. There is no charge and your missionary will receive a printed copy, delivered to his mailbox at the MTC the same day you write.)

No comments:

Post a Comment