Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feliz Navidad!

(Christmas Day is one of the two days we get to actually talk to Zachary. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, we were able to Skype with him from Mexico! Thanks to a church member in Atlacomulco, Mexico with a laptop, wi-fi in Zach’s ward building  and a new Iphone 4S for me for Christmas [wahoo!] we were able to video chat with Zachary. Grandma was here, so she got to share in our ‘Christmas present’ from Mexico! We had two common comments: ‘he looks good’ and ‘we didn’t know an hour could go so fast’!)

So what’s up with you all this week? You looked good! Well almost as good as me! Unicamente una broma: [only a brother?] there’s a new word for Kaitlyn "broma". Hmmm, well let’s see -- since last week we’ve gotten a lot of walking done… and I love talking to you all, but now I don’t really have anything to write. Hmmm, well lets see last night we went and hung out with some other elders then we went and returned the members laptop we borrowed to call you all and left a thank you note too. As you can see we got haircuts this morning and I wanted to show off my lovely tan line. In a first for me the stylist used a straight razor to trim my neck and side burns and she made a joke which I thought was: she had never cut anyone’s ear off, as she was trimming above mine. Apparently I responded in a way that conveyed I did not care if she cut my ear off which she thought was just hilarious.

We’re finally gonna head to the store today. We went once and that was all we had time for! In three weeks we lasted about 2 weeks off that food and have been buying tortillas and ham and cheese from the tienda [store] down the street to make sincronizadas (I think there is an h in there some where but I’m not sure) [this is a tortilla-based sandwich of ham and cheese between two tortillas]. Transfers are today Elder Bell and I are staying in Atlacomulco. The district leader got transferred out and there’s a new elder coming in. I don’t remember if I told you but Elder Bell goes home in February.

Other than that yesterday was muy chido we walked to church and it was so odd, we have to walk thru the downtown all the little tiendas were closed and no one was out but us. Then again it was 9 am on Christmas morning but it was still odd compared to the usual hustle and bustle of downtown. I’m sorry to say that’s really all I’ve got to write today I hope that you enjoy the pictures I can’t remember which ones I clicked on so if you have any questions let me know!  I love you all wish everyone a Merry Christmas for me and send a photograph of everyone Tuesday night [we had David’s sisters Margie and Shirley and their families here for a late holiday bash] for me please I love you all and living the life here in Mexico.
Muchisma Feliz Navidad Y Via Con Dios
Elder Zach Nelson

This is the last time I’ll get to write you until next year…Oh, wait I had a Katy moment, never mind! I love you Katie

Here's some pics of Zach's mission apartment in Atlacomulco, Mexico; his little Christmas tree; and the mountainous area he's in




No comments:

Post a Comment